This policy will notify you of:
- What personal information HMR collects
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared or disclosed
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of personal information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your personal information
HMR collects personal information from individuals through various means, including through HMR’s websites, loyalty programs, consignment agreements and the bidder registration process. For security reasons, HMR may also utilize audio/video or other surveillance means to monitor its premises. Surveillance footage may also be used to settle disputes.
If you wish to withdraw consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
HMR uses information collected from individuals to provide products or services, to respond to requests for information regarding HMR’s products and services, to protect our rights and the rights of others and for additional purposes that may be identified at or before the time that the information is collected. The information gathered will be used for general corporate marketing purposes and understanding the secondary equipment market, thereby enabling HMR to refine and improve our service and better meet our customers’ needs. We may send registered users site and service announcement updates, and information regarding new or improved services and upcoming events that we think may be of interest to them. We may communicate with a registered user to provide services or with respect to their account via email or phone.
We use information collected from bidders to detect, suppress or take other actions regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, or a violation of our account terms and conditions, our policies or agreements.
We also use information collected to deliver relevant content and advertising by: (i) generating and analyzing reports and data about your transactions history, patterns of usage of our websites or after combining your information with information relating to your use of services provided by HMR; (ii) personalizing our online services based on your customized preferences and usage; and (iii) working with unaffiliated third party service providers who help deliver ads relating to products and services you’ve purchased or products and services offered by HMR which we believe are consistent with your interests when using our websites or other unaffiliated websites.
Online Account Creation and Bidding Registration
To access certain areas of hmrmachiner.com, participate in online bidding thru hmrauctions.com.ph or subscribe to receive electronic communications, you must first complete the account registration process and provide certain information to us, including name, email address, industry and job title. If you register to bid online at hmrauctions.com.ph, you will be required to provide additional information to complete your registration, which may include personal identification numbers (i.e. driver’s license or passport number) and sales tax information.
Registered users of hmrauctions.com.ph may add additional accounts to their primary account created when first registering. If you choose to create multiple accounts under you profile, you hereby acknowledge that all the information associated with those accounts will be governed by this Privacy Statement.
Onsite Bidding Registration
To participate in an auction in-person, you must first register to bid at the auction registration counter where the auction is being held. At the time of registration, you will be required to provide your name, address and basic contact information. Depending on the country in which the auction is being held, you may be required to provide additional information to complete your registration, which may include personal identification numbers (i.e. driver’s license or passport number) and sales tax information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When you interact with our websites, we or our authorized third party service providers may place cookies, web beacons (also known as action tags or single-pixel gifs), and other non-cookie based technologies on your device to collect and store information that helps us track and analyze usage, provide a more efficient and personalized experience to our users, and to personalize online display advertising tailored to users’ interests. This information collected by us may be associated with personal information we already have or collect from other sources for the purposes noted above under “Information Use”.
Some of these technologies may be permanently placed on your device until you choose to remove them (i.e. persistent cookies); while others are temporary and are removed after you close your browser (i.e. session cookies). You are always free to block our cookies if your browser or device permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our services’ and websites’ features or content. For more information on how you can block, delete, or disable cookies, please review your specific browser or device settings. You may also be able to browse our websites using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (i.e. “Incognito” in Chrome). Please review your browser settings for further details. Please also note that you may choose to opt-out of some of these technologies as explained in “Choice/Opt Out” below.
Our use of these technologies falls into four categories:
- Operationally necessary – These technologies are used to permit access to our websites or services and use certain features such as maintaining logged-in status for your account while using a website, as well as enabling you to move around it and use its features.
- Functionality related – We use these technologies so we can remember your preferences while browsing websites and to provide enhanced and more personalized content and features, such as saved equipment searches. In order to permit your connection and use of our websites and services, we receive and record usage data about your device and browser (see above). If you access the website from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data (where permitted in your device settings), or other transactional information for that device.
- Performance related – We and/or our service providers may use analytics and testing technologies to collect information about your usage and interaction with our services and websites, for instance web page views or interaction with a link or other content. We use this information to understand overall usage patterns of our visitors and determine whether certain content is effective or not. We do not permit any of these service providers to use any of your personal information collected on our websites for their own purposes.
- Advertising related – These technologies are used by us and our service providers to deliver advertising or personalized emails we believe is relevant to you and your interests. For example, we may use first-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including personalized ads, we believe are relevant to your interests, on our websites or on third party sites. This means that when you are on websites other than our websites, you may be shown advertising based on your activity on our websites. These technologies may also be used to help measure the effectiveness of our ad campaigns. These technologies remember what you’ve looked at on our websites as well as, among other things, IP address, browser type, webpage visited prior to our websites, and the subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over.
Third-party advertisers and other organizations may also use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our websites and/or the advertisements you have clicked on. This information, which may be combined with other information acquired from third parties, may be used by them to serve advertisements on our websites and third party sites that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you based on content you have viewed. Third-party advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to track aggregate usage statistics. We may not control these third-party cookies and their use may be governed by the privacy policies of the third parties employing these cookies. To learn about these cookies and to disable or reject third-party cookies, please refer to the relevant third party’s website or “Choice/Opt Out” below.
Web Server Traffic Log Files
Web server logs collect visitor information including IP address, browser type and version, referring URLs, referring search engines and specified search strings. This information helps us design improvements to the services and navigational structure of our websites.
While we take reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect the information you submit or that we collect online and offline against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us at email@example.com. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you also agree that HMR will not be liable for access to or the use or acquisition of your information by any third party without HMR’s knowledge or consent in contravention of RBA’s safeguards.
HMR does not attempt to collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. Note that HMR cannot always determine if a user of our websites is a child under the age of 18.
Our websites contain links to other sites, including sites maintained by our third party partners for the provision of online payment services and online shipping quotes. Please be aware that HMR is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of all websites that collect personal information.
Choice / Opt-Out
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you and how we provide relevant advertising.
- Email Marketing Communications
When registering and creating a profile on hmrmachinery.com.ph, users can select or de-select the checkbox that asks if they would like periodic electronic marketing communications (e.g. email newsletter and e-brochures). Users can unsubscribe from these marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email they receive
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
If you are a bidder and do not want your personal information shared with the original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”) of any offered lot and any of the OEM’s dealers, representatives and service providers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will communicate your preference to the Consignors on a basis with the objective to come to a resolution.
- Advertising, Personalization & Analytics
Google Analytics and Google Optimize – These cookies allow us to understand how you use and interact with our services. If you don’t want data to be collected and reported by Google Analytics or Google Optimize, you can opt-out by installing a browser add-on. Visit the Google Analytics opt-out page for more information.
Social Media Plugins – We invite you to socialize and share certain content on our websites with others using your social media tools such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. If you choose to use these tools, you may be sharing certain profile elements, including your comments. This sharing is subject to each social media program’s privacy policies.
Facebook Custom Audiences – We use this service to ask Facebook to show you ads that are customized based on your interactions with our websites or our Facebook applications and to measure how you interact with those ads. We may do this using web tracking tools or by converting the email address, phone number or other contact information you have provided to us into a unique value that Facebook may compare to a unique value created from information you provided to Facebook. Facebook’s Data Use Policy describes how Facebook protects information collected through Facebook Custom Audiences. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s ad preferences page and adjusting your settings.
Note that opt-out choices selected above may be browser and device specific. As well, deleting cookies can remove your opt-out preferences, so you may need to periodically refresh your opt-out preferences.
Please also note that opting-out of our interest based advertising is not the same thing as opting out of ads. You will still see ads, and you may even see our ads, however, they will be random.